We can encounter mishaps anytime because life is unpredictable and uncertain. We all use commercial hardware products and, as time goes by, the products are prone to damage, which results in malfunctioning. And the damage can be caused by human beings because to err is human, which certainly means that mistakes are made by human beings only. There is always uncertainty regarding what one should use for the repair work which is quick and effective because the market is filled with products that all claim on their behalf to be effective. You may suffer from a pipe leakage, leaky inflatable pool, a damaged roof or automotive damage, and you need a quick fix for such situations. For fixing or repairing the damage made to a pipe you can use it as a temporary or a permanent solution to your problem.
Flex tape is an industrial rubberized adhesive tape that can bond, patch, seal, and repair almost anything. The manufacturer claims that you can quickly seal, bond, patch, and repair virtually anything with this triple thick adhesive tape. It is available in three different sizes which are 4” x 5”, 8” x 5” and 12” x 10” which makes them quite versatile because you can avail the size according to your needs and applications.
You can easily use this tape on just about any material which includes wood, ceramic, PVC, glass, fiberglass, metal, acrylic, stone, metal and on anything you can think of. Will provide a quick and efficient fix, but this fix would be a temporary one, and you would have to look for a permanent solution for this fix.
There is always a question in the minds of the seekers out there regarding the effectiveness of Flex Tape. As the manufacturers claim that you can use it for bonding, patching, and repairing of almost anything. To check out the legitimacy of the claim, we carried out numerous tests so we can find out how truthful those claims are. So basically, we carried out two tests with Flex Tape to find out if it is worth it or not. The many tests were:
Does It work? Read our Flex Tape review.
- Test 1: This was the first test that was carried out and in this test, we tried to repair PVC pipes by using the tape. So first we took a PVC pipe that was damaged, and there was a leak in the pipe. So we just simply attached a tape of an appropriate length to cover the hole or the damaged portion. Then we connected the PVC pipe to a water supply to check out if it worked or not. The result was successful, there was no leakage of water from the pipe. Now we took another leaky PVC pipe and this time we tried to attach the tape directly to the cracked portion when the water was still running through the pipe. And to my utter surprise this time also Flex Tape was successful in stopping the leakage.
- Test 2: This test was the bucket test in which we use it to stop the leakage of the bucket. Firstly, we took a bucket, and then we drilled a hole into the bucket using a drilling machine, and the hole was about an inch. Then applied Flex Tape of an appropriate length to cover the hole from the outside of the bucket. Then we filled the bucket with water to check the leakage, and now there was no leakage of water from the drilled hole. We performed another test to check the underwater feature, so we just took a new bucket and again we drilled a hole into it but this time the hole was less than an inch, and then a tape of appropriate length was taken, but this time we first filled the whole bucket with water and then we applied it from inside of the filled bucket and to my utter surprise the leakage was stopped this time also.
The above two tests were conducted with the sole purpose of checking the effectiveness of Flex Tape. Both of the above tests were passed by with flying colors and proved that it could be used for patching, sealing, bonding, and repair of almost everything. We performed both of the tests to provide the consumers with honest reviews about Flex Tape because the effectiveness of a product can only be determined after putting it to action and that is what we exactly did. You can use it for home repair, construction, DIY projects, repair work, automotive repair, and many more. It is a fantastic water repellent that exhibits strong water, air, and moisture seal technology to provide you with optimum results. The test also confirmed the underwater feature so you can use it underwater to cover the leaky cracks, holes, tears, and gaps. You can use it for high-temperature applications also because they have high-temperature resistance property which makes it a perfect choice in extreme weather conditions.
As you know, the above tests proved the effectiveness, but remember that Flex Tape may not adhere to various materials which include silicon materials, water-repellent surfaces, greasy or oily surfaces, and plasticized materials. So is prone to failure for such materials, and Flex Tape is temperature resistant to a certain temperature range which lies between -70°F to 200°F so if you use it beyond this temperature range then it is most likely to fail. And remember that it is a tape and cannot be a success for irregular leaky surfaces. So you should consider all the above points before using the tape for your repair job.
Flex Tape Features
Flex tape is made of waterproof rubberized tape that can seal, patch, bond, and repair almost anything. This tape is super strong which makes it quite durable for many applications and it is particularly crafted with a thick, durable, flexible rubberized structure that adapts to the shape of the object we attach it to. You can easily use it for an efficient and quick repair.
Some features exhibited by Flex Tape are:
- Waterproof: The tape is waterproof, which makes it durable for sealing out both water and air. It creates a watertight barrier and seals out the moisture so you can use the tape for patching and sealing leaky water pipes and holes. You can easily use Flex Tape underwater, which is quite an astounding feature that exhibits durability and efficiency.
- Flexible: Quite flexible by adapting to the shape of the object to which we attach it. It can easily conform to any object and shape.
- Triple-layer adhesive: Manufactured using triple adhesive layers, which makes it quite effective and durable. Is thick so that you can easily patch large holes in the nick of time.
- Temperature Resistant: It is temperature resistant, which makes it the perfect choice for harsh weather conditions. It can withstand from -70°F to 200°F which makes it quite versatile for many applications. It is also eco-friendly, UV resistant and VOC-free.
How to use Flex Tape?
Flex tape is like most of the tapes out there, and you can easily use it by following the numerous steps:
- Step 1: First, you need to open the packaging carefully, and then you need a scissor, cutter or a blade. Use any of the cutting devices and then carefully cut the desired length of the tape.
- Step 2: Then you need to hold the tape and then carefully remove the plastic which is attached to the tape and then expose the adhesive of Flex Tape.
- Step 3: Hold the tape carefully so that it does not get stuck to your hands or any other undesired surface. Then you need to firmly attach the tape on the surface by exposing the adhesive front towards the surface. You need to remove air pockets or bubbles by pressing down firmly onto the tape. You should remember that once we fix the tape, it cannot be re-positioned.
We can use flex Tape on most of the materials, but it may not adhere to certain materials which include silicon materials, water-repellent surfaces, greasy or oily surfaces, and plasticized materials. And adhere becomes gooey at temperatures exceeding 200°F and lose at temperatures below -70°F.